U9 Program Descriptions
Implementation: one of our most important goals is to provide an environment that keeps players engaged in the game. We want to develop athletes that are looking forward to attending every event of their team, whether it is a practice, a game, skill session, or a social event with their teammates.
We prepare our players to be competitive by working on their technical skills, as well as game understanding and general awareness. This will help them to enjoy the time that they will spend on the pitch playing the game. All of our team coaches are provided direction and guidance on the West Hills United curriculum and game philosophy. We promote a comfortable environment where each player feels safe, valued and part of a group of players who respect each other and work together to achieve their common goals. Our coaches are prepared to run a fun and educational practice session where the players will enjoy the game, whilst simultaneously developing their soccer skills.
There are two programs for this age group the WHU House League and the CMSA Grassroots League. Players may join both if they would like to. Jersey, shorts and socks are provided and goalie academy sessions are available to all players. Here is a brief comparison of the two programs.
Players may join both if they would like to.
WHU House League $260
- 2 events per week
- Weeknight schedule only
- Tues/Thurs for boys, Mon/Wed for girls
- Practices at beginning, mostly games for remainder of season
- Local westside area fields
- 7v7 with goalkeeper
- Teams are formed with U9 (2014) and U10 (2013) players
- Trained referees are provided for all games
- Club staff guidance, volunteer parent coach positions needed for each roster
- Season is May 1st – Jun 22nd
- Wrap-up party at end of season (late June)
CMSA Grassroots League $225
- 2 events per week
- Weeknight practice
- (2) 25 min matches per Match Day on Saturdays
- CMSA-scheduled Match Days on Saturdays @ Bishop Carroll school fields
- 5v5 with goalkeeper
- Teams are formed with U9 (2014) only players.
- No referee, games are Coach facilitated
- Club-trained head coach for each team, volunteer parent coach and manager needed for each roster
- Season is May 6th – Jun 24th (with optional Aug 26th – Sept 23rd)
- WHU wrap-up party at end of June, CMSA rally late June (spring) or September (summer)